Designed by
Title
Tung Chung Lighthouse #172856418
Description
Tung Chung Lighthouse was built and completed in 1904. The tower is made of circular bricks. The original first-class rotating petroleum lamp was damaged by Typhoon Alice in September 1966. In November of the same year, a fifth-class electric lamp was installed on the balcony of the tower. The white light flashed three times every 15 seconds. 2600 candles. Since the Qing Dynasty, the lighthouse has been set up and managed by the customs. At that time, the lighthouse was managed by the Fujian Customs. Today, there is still a stone monument engraved with `Fujian Customs Tung Chung Tower`. The lighthouse is currently stationed by the Customs General Administration of Customs on the other side.